PWBA 2017 Schedule Announced
Professional Women's Bowling Accociation 2017 Schedule Announced
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Professional Women's Bowling Association Tour will visit four new venues during its 14-event schedule in 2017. The 2017 PWBA Tour kicks off April 27-29 at Double Decker Lanes in Rohnert Park, California, and will conclude with the 16-player, invitation-only PWBA Tour Championship from Aug. 31-Sept. 3. The PWBA Tour Championship site will be announced at a later date.
The 2017 season once again will feature four major events, including the United States Bowling Congress Queens, PWBA Players Championship, U.S. Women's Open and the PWBA Tour Championship. Similar to 2016, 13 of the 14 events will be televised on CBS Sports Network, including live telecasts of all four majors.
"I guess it's time to start making travel plans for 2017," said PWBA spokesperson Kelly Kulick. "But really, it is great to see the PWBA returning to several centers that have given us tremendous support over the last two years. The new venues allow us an opportunity to showcase the tour to more bowlers and fans, and, hopefully, attract elite bowlers from surrounding areas."
One of the new venues on the 2017 schedule is Boardwalk Bowl in Orlando, Florida. Two-time PWBA Tour champion Kendra Gaines is general manager of Aloma Bowl, part of the chain of centers that includes Boardwalk Bowl, and she was instrumental in bringing the Tour back to Orlando.
"I wanted to bring the PWBA back to Orlando to showcase the talented women in professional bowling to our community," Gaines said. "As a former tour player, I enjoyed having a Florida swing because it was a great destination for bowling fans of all ages. We hope to give the bowlers in the Orlando area a treat, witnessing and bowling alongside some of the greatest athletes our sport has to offer."
In addition to Boardwalk Bowl, the PWBA's new stops include: Fountain Bowl in Fountain Valley, California; Baton Rouge River Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana; and Plano Super Bowl in Plano, Texas.
Steve Cook's Fireside Lanes in Sacramento, California, Northrock Lanes in Wichita, Kansas, Sun Valley Lanes in Lincoln, Nebraska, Super Bowl in Canton, Michigan, and The Ashwaubenon Bowling Alley in Green Bay, Wisconsin, are making their third consecutive appearance on the PWBA Tour schedule. Also making its third consecutive appearance is the doubles event featuring Professional Bowlers Association and PWBA Tour players, the PBA/PWBA Striking Against Breast Cancer Mixed Doubles event hosted by Donna Conners in Houston.
Double Decker Lanes in Rohnert Park, California, Seminole Lanes in St. Petersburg, Florida and AMF Gates Lanes in Rochester, New York, will host a PWBA event for the second consecutive season.
The 2017 PWBA Tour schedule:
- April 27-29: Rohnert Park, Calif., Double Decker Lanes
- May 4-6: Sacramento, Calif., Steve Cook's Fireside Lanes
- May 11-13: Fountain Valley, Calif., Fountain Bowl
- May 17-23: Baton Rouge, La., Baton Rouge River Center (*USBC Queens)
- June 1-3: Wichita, Kan., Northrock Lanes
- June 8-10: Lincoln, Neb., Sun Valley Lanes
- June 15-17: Canton, Mich., Super Bowl
- June 22-25: Green Bay, Wis., The Ashwaubenon Bowling Alley (*PWBA Players Championship)
- June 29-July 1: Orlando, Fla., Boardwalk Bowl
- July 6-8: St. Petersburg, Fla., Seminole Lanes
- July 13-15: Rochester, N.Y., AMF Gates Lanes
- July 27-30: Houston, Bowl On Bellaire (Striking Against Breast Cancer Mixed Doubles)
- July 31-Aug. 6: Plano, Texas, Plano Super Bowl (*U.S. Women's Open)
- Aug. 31-Sept. 3: TBD (*PWBA Tour Championship) *PWBA major
About the PWBA
The Professional Women's Bowling Association (PWBA) originally was formed in 1960. The PWBA Tour has events throughout the country, offering high-level competition and top prize money for women bowlers. The PWBA is supported by the Bowling Proprietors' Association of America (BPAA) and the United States Bowling Congress (USBC).